Changing Your Institution

Account Transfer

As researchers progress in their careers, they sometimes change institutions and account types. For example, you may currently be a PhD candidate at one WRDS-subscribing institution, and then graduate and become faculty at a different WRDS-subscribing institution.

In these cases, there is no need to request a new account at your new institution. You can simply request that your existing account, along with all your files and directories, be moved to your new institution.

Before you begin

To begin this process, you will need to have an email account registered with your new institution. The WRDS Representative(s) at your new institution will review the request.

After your account is approved and transfer is complete, you'll receive an email at both your old and new institutional email addresses. In most cases, the biggest change you can expect is access to certain products.

Please enter the following information to proceed.


Please enter your existing username.

Current Institution

Please choose your current institution. If you don't see your institution on this list, please contact WRDS support.

Email Address at Your Current Institution

Please make sure to use the email account that is currently associated with your username.